Children and teens can show off their drawing and creative skills! The Nicotine Free Week Poster Design Contest is seeking artwork that educates peers about electronic smoking devices (ESD) or the Maryland and federal Tobacco 21 laws. Each individual with a design submitted to the Anne Arundel County Department of Health will receive a Nicotine Free Week certificate, and all submissions will be displayed on the Showcase page of the Nicotine Free Week website.
- Submit entries on 8 ½’’ x 11” plain white paper. Only one entry per person. Group entries will not be accepted.
- Make designs colorful! You can draw your design using markers, colored pencils or crayons. Artwork must be original. No clip art or pictures from the internet will be accepted.
- Please make sure all entries are relevant (ESD or Maryland Tobacco 21 related) and do not contain inappropriate content. Entries that are not appropriate will not be considered for the contest. Do not include your name or school on the front of the poster. Names, school and grade should be on the back of the poster.
- Spell check. Entries submitted with spelling errors will not be judged. Entries must be received by March 6, 2020.
- Each school or community organization may submit five entries for each age group (elementary, middle and high school). Entries must meet all of the criteria. Entries that do not meet the criteria will not be considered for judging.
- Click here to download a Submission Form. This form must be filled in and attached to each submitted design. A parent/guardian must sign the form for the submitter’s first name and first letter of the last name (i.e., “Amy B.”), school and grade to appear on the Nicotine Free Week website. Only entries from registered schools or groups will be considered.
- Mail or deliver the entry designs to the Department of Health by March 6, 2020. They will be placed on the Showcase page.
- The Department of Health will select one top countywide winner from three categories: Elementary School (grades K-5), Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12).
Middle and High School: Apple AirPods
Elementary School: $50 movie theater gift card
Only Anne Arundel County schools and groups are eligible to enter. Anne Arundel County Department of Health employees and families are not eligible to participate.
Sponsored by Learn To Live program of the Anne Arundel County of Department of Health.
Nicotine Free Week 2019 Winners